The fundamental teachings of Abundant Life Ministries are reflected in the following doctrinal statements:
1. We believe that all Scripture is given by inspiration of God. We understand the whole Bible is inspired in the sense that holy men of God were moved by the Holy Spirit to write the very words of Scripture.
2. We believe the complete inerrancy of the original manuscripts of the whole Bible and that they serve as the only rule of faith and practice (II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:21).
3. We believe in the Eternal Godhead who has revealed Himself as ONE God existing in THREE persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit; distinguishable; but indivisible (Matthew 28:19; II Corinthians 14:14).
4. We believe in the creation, test and fall of man as recorded in the book of Genesis; his total spiritual depravity and inability to attain divine righteousness (Romans 5:12, 18).
5. We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Savior of men, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, very God and very man (Luke 1:26-35; John 1:18; Isaiah 7:14, 9:6).
6. We believe Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again on the third day, and personally appeared to His disciples (I Corinthians 15:1-4; Romans 4:25).
7. We believe in the bodily Ascension of Jesus to heaven, His exaltation and personal, literal and bodily return the second time for the Church (John 14:2-3; I Thessalonians 4:13-18).
8. We believe in the salvation of sinners by grace, through repentance and faith in the perfect and sufficient work of the cross of Calvary by which we obtain remission of sins (Ephesians 2:8-9; Hebrews 9:12; Romans 5:11).
9. We believe in the necessity of water baptism by immersion in the name of the Eternal Godhead, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, in order to fulfill the command of Christ (Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:36-39, 19:1-6).
10. We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit as an experience subsequent to salvation, with the Scriptural evidence; namely, speaking in other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance (Acts 2:1-4, 8:14-17, 10:44-46; Galatians 3:14-15).
11. We believe in the present day operation of the gifts of the Spirit as enumerated in 1 Corinthians 12-14, as was manifested in the Early Church. We believe in the Spirit-filled life, a life of separation from the world with perfecting of holiness in the fear of God as an expression of Christian faith (Ephesians 5:18; II Corinthians 6:14, 7:1).
12. We believe in the healing of the body by Divine power, or Divine healing in its varied aspects as practiced in the Early Church (Acts 4:30; Romans 8:11; I Corinthians 12:9; James 5:14).
13. We believe in the Table of the Lord, commonly called Communion or the Lord’s Supper, for all believers, practiced as “often” as is possible in the local churches (I Corinthians 11:28-32).
14. We believe in eternal life for believers (John 3:16, 5:24) and eternal punishment for unbelievers, heaven or hell (Mark 9:43-58; II Thessalonians 1:9; Revelation 20:10-15).
15. We believe in the reality and personality of Satan and the eternal judgment of Satan and his angels in the last day (Matthew 25:41; Revelation 20:10-15).